A new degree programme from ATU in Applied Strength & Conditioning has been designed to suit mature learners who would like to return to education and achieve a qualification in the area of
sport but cannot attend a full-time course. The course provides learners with a scientific
grounding in strength and conditioning application.
Key areas of study include physiology, resistance training, psychology and nutrition with
a focus on practical application of strength and conditioning. The programme allows for
exit awards in year one (Certificate in Personal Training – REP’s Ireland accredited) and
year two (Higher Certificate in Strength and Conditioning).
- Part-time – course will be completed in 3.5 years
- REPS accredited
- All modules have been aligned with the National Strength and Condition Association (NSCA)
- Designed in collaboration with industry
- Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning
- Year 3 includes work placement in an industry specific environment
- Year 4 includes Weightlifting Ireland level 1 Certification and research project
Who is this programme aimed at?
This programme is most suited to individuals with an interest in the application of strength and conditioning to any level of sport participation, either recreational or elite. The programme would benefit individuals who are currently working in or interested in working in the health, well-being and fitness sector. The programme would suit anyone interested in obtaining a meaningful qualification and employment as a personal trainer or those currently employed as a personal trainer seeking to upskill and become a strength and conditioning coach.
Further information and application details:
Course Information and Application details: Here
firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of Department of Tourism & Sport, ATU Donegal
email@example.com, Work Based Learning Program Development Manager Sports/Fitness Industry